Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Word From Our Pastor-Avoiding Deception

2 Thessalonians 2:9-11
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

I came across this scripture while during one of my daily Bible readings. It  stood out to me with some of my recent sermons (and conversations with my father) that it is becoming difficult to tell a deceived soul from a Spirit filled soul.
My father cited BIBLICAL examples where Holy Spirit filled christians would cast demons out of unbelievers, perform other healing miracles and actively function in the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit. 
With that in mind we also read from Matt 7, 2 Thessalonians, and other parts of the new testament where people who DO NOT KNOW God also function in similar ways. (Matthew 7:22) (2 thess 2:9) (Matt 17:4)
 
I only mention this to share my own conclusion on the thought and application of Truth in my life.

I never have to wonder if it's God's Will for me to read His Word
I never have to wonder if it's God's will to serve at my church
I never have to wonder if it's God's will to love my wife and son
I will NEVER be deceived by God's Word in it's context
And I will NEVER be deceived by God!!!

Acts 17:11

King James Version (KJV)
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

No comments:

Post a Comment