Wednesday, June 5, 2013

In Times of Trouble

Sometimes it is only when we face difficult times, that we fully appreciate God's loving care.  One of my favourite chapters in the Bible is Psalm 91.  This is where I go during trials and the words always bring me comfort.  The vision of God with His all encompassing arms folded around me, protecting me, comforting me will bring me peace no matter the storm.
This world is not always a happy place.  We face loss of loved ones, illness, separation by real or emotional distance from family members, financial concerns and much more.  The daily news adds its heaping of terrorism, weather disasters and famine.  It is enough to overwhelm anyone but and this is a huge, capital letters, large font BUT our Lord, the Creator of heaven and earth is with us.  He will be all that we need.

I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  Ps 91: 2

Read through that Psalm as though it is a conversation between you and God.  It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment